Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Final Countdown

Well it's down to the final countdown.  In 2 days I'll be going to LA for my staging event (which will consist of me sitting in orientation lectures for 5 hrs, bleh) and then the next day flying to Manila!!!!  This is coming up so fast and it's starting to get real.  A few days ago I was looking at the weather online for Valpo and it kind of hit me then when I didn't care what the weather would be after 5 days.  Normally I glace at what the always-wrong weathermen say for the 10 day forecast just to get an idea, but it didn't matter to me anymore....BAM....wake up call!!  It's just so difficult to wrap my head around how long 27 months is.

I've had an amazing jam-packed last month seeing friends and family every second possible and enjoying the summer with only my departure looming over my head.  Of course, departing will be no petty task.  My head's been spinning the past few weeks with all the items on my to-do list, the most ominous of which is packing.  Writing this is actually one of my many breaks from packing today.  I never realized how difficult it would be to pack the next 2 years of my life into 2 checked bags, each weighing no more than 50lbs, and a carry-on......trust me.....it's a nightmare!  It's really the weight limit that's killing me because I'd like to organize my stuff between the 2 bags but that's not looking completely possible now without one bag being about 70lbs.  So it's back to the drawing board!

A moment of seriousness:  I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for all the help and support I've been given these past few months.  I have felt so loved with all the well-wishes, advice, and promises of care packages (that I'm definitely counting on!!).  This has been a time filled with transitions for me and I could not have done it alone, so thank you.

Welp, I think my packing break is over!  Hopefully I'll know my new address soon so I can pass that along (please write me!!!) and I promise my next post will actually have some exciting stories in it, or at least something more exciting than the struggles of me packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment